Greetings From Our New Superintendent:
It is with great pleasure that I have been chosen to serve as Superintendent for Marshall County Schools. My mission as your Superintendent is to build a school system with a focus on educating kids and building communities. As educators we need to work as a team to accelerate success both academically and behaviorally for all students. I have used my experience in education to shape a few guiding principles which I believe can be the foundation for continued success in Marshall County Schools.
- Communication is key. In order to build positive school cultures there needs to be open lines of communication and collaboration between all constituents.
- Research, understand, and follow policy. We have revised all county policies to ensure that they are aligned to federal and state policy. A strong push will be evident throughout the year on policy education and implementation.
- Teaching and learning should shape our daily work. Our business is to educate the whole child. We do this through direct instruction, active engagement, and implicit feedback.
- Communities are the backbone of our system. School and local communities are the structure on which our children learn and grow intellectually, emotionally, and socially. Strong communities build successful students.
- It takes a village. Service and professional personnel are equally important in building a successful school system. We must work together and keep children at the forefront of all decisions.
I look forward to visiting classrooms to see the creative, innovative ways our children are engaged in learning. By working together, everyone in Marshall County has a role in making a positive difference in the lives of students and families. I look forward to a great school year!
Dr. Shelby Haines