Marshall County Schools Home Page Banner

March K of C Students of the Month

The Knights of Columbus John Marshall Students of the Month for March are Sierra Mason and Paul Cooper.

Sierra is involved in the Drug Free Club. John Marshall Assistant Principal Geno Polsinelli recognizes her leadership and hard work. “She is a straight A student. She’s had A’s up to this point,” explained Polsinelli. “She’s one of the leaders in all of her classes. The teachers always suggest her as being one of the role models of the class, and she comes from a great family.”

Sierra is ecstatic to be K of C Student of the Month. “It’s an honor because there are so many kids in our school. My teachers thought I was respectful and smart.”

Polsinelli believes that Paul’s character deserves this award. “He is unique; his effort outshines a lot of other’s efforts. His attendance is great,” Polsinelli continued. “Paul comes highly recommended by his teachers. He is the first student to write a ‘thank you’ to the Knights of Columbus. Cooper also took it upon himself to write a ‘thank you’ for the teachers who recommended him.”

Cooper is proud to be K of C Student of the Month. “Honor and privilege. That’s what I’m feeling. There are a lot of students and to be picked among them is an honor. My teachers say I’m respectful and care about other students.”

Article and Photograph by Ethan Cameron, Senior WJMH Broadcasting Student