* Our school is built
on Joseph Tomlinson's old property. He lived here in a typical 2 story
brick house during the early 1900's.
* When our school opened the fall of 1919 there were
approximately 1,500 students in attendence. The city kids went to school in the morning and the country kids went in the afternoon.
* When this school opened that fall it was known as Moundsville High School.
* The amazing number enrolled came about because of
consolidating all high school's in Marshall County. Doing this made us the biggest in West Virginia (in 1968).
* The over-whelming number of students has now declined to around 600 students.
* In the 1950's we added on the Field House which now serves as the gym for us and John Marshall basketball.
* We have around 60 faculty members working here at MJHS.
* The first principal was Mr. Robert Eaton.